1) BENEFITS – There are NO fees and NO obligation to buy... EVER!
Benefits are as follows:
1.1 Bookseller receives FREE marketing consultations.
1.1.1 This consultation shall come in the form of live and/or prerecorded webinars, newsletters, printed and/or digital materials.
1.1.2 In some cases, at the sole discretion of TopShelf Publishing and only when feasible, marketing consultations may be in person, over the phone, or in personal chat sessions or email.
1.1.3 In no way whatsoever, is TopShelf Publishing obligated to have personal, one-on-one consultation sessions with any affiliate, though they reserve the right to do so.
1.2 Bookseller receives FREE marketing design services for their store.
1.2.1 Affiliate Bookseller may receive assistance in creating marketing materials so that the affiliate's store can best showcase their products, services, staff, customers, etc.
1.2.2 These marketing materials will be developed and designed by the TopShelf Publishing marketing team under the direction of the Bookseller. The Bookseller is responsible for providing the content for these marketing materials, however, TopShelf may, at their sole discretion, assist the Bookseller in strategizing a marketing plan. (see section 1.1)
1.2.3 TopShelf Publishing reserves the right to add the TopShelf Publishing brand and, within reason, TopShelf Publishing promotions that are relevant to the Bookseller.
1.2.4 TopShelf Publishing reserves the ABSOLUTE right to refuse to produce marketing materials that goes against their business practices, ethics, or sensibilities.
1.3 Bookseller receives FREE customer list building and professional eNewsletter services.
1.3.1 TopShelf Publishing will assist the Bookseller in building a customer subscription list and will assist in helping the Bookseller keep in contact with the members of that list.
1.3.2. TopShelf Publishing will manage the list building effort and compile and send emails to the list on a monthly basis at no charge. These emails will be simple, elegant, and shall use tried and true email marketing techniques and strategies.
1.3.4 In the even that this affiliate relationship is terminated the customer list that has been built for the bookseller shall be transferred in whole to the bookseller in the form of a CSV file.
1.4 Bookseller receives an ADDITIONAL 10% cash back for all TopShelf Publishing books the affiliate sells.
1.4.1 The Bookseller must document all sales of TopShelf Publishing books and send proof of each sale to their TopShelf Publishing representative in a manner agreed upon by both the Bookseller and the Representative.
1.4.2 Once a month TopShelf Publishing will batch together all of the documented sales reported by the Bookseller and will issue payment to that Bookseller within thirty days from the close of the last batch.
1.4.3 Payment shall be made in the form of a check made out in the name of the Bookstore or to an individual if that individual is a sole proprietor doing business under their personal name. Payment may also be arranged through a validated PayPal account.
1.4.4 The amount of cash back is determined by the wholesale price of the book that was sold. Therefore, a book that has a cover price of $16.99 will wholesale for $7.20, and 10% of $7.65 is what your cash back amount would be: 76.5¢ (76-and-1/2 cents)
1.4.5 All cash amounts are calculated in United States Currency (USD).
2) OBLIGATIONS OF AFFILIATE – There are three simple things that affiliates must do to continue receiving benefits:
2.1 Bookseller must own, manage, or be an authorized buyer for a brick-and-mortar store.
2.2 Bookseller must prominently display TopShelf marketing materials within the affiliate bookstore.
2.3 Bookseller must prominently display TopShelf banners on website, blog, and/or social media.
3) TERMINATION OF AFFILIATION – Either party may terminate this agreement anytime for any reason with written notice via email or postal.
3.1 Any Cash Back owed to the Bookseller for TopShelf books already sold shall still be due to the Bookseller.
3.2 Any marketing materials provide by TopShelf shall be destroyed by the Bookseller upon termination.
3.3 TopShelf shall remove the Bookseller from their affiliate mailing list as soon as possible upon termination.
3.4 All parties agree to part ways in a civil manner, without causing any detriment to either party, their companies, clients, or customers.
4) INDEMNITY – The Bookseller shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless TopShelf Publishing, its parent company, subsidiaries, and affiliates, and their respective shareholders, officers, directors, employees, partners, associates, affiliates, joint venturers, agents, and representatives, from any and all claims, debts, demands, suits, actions, proceedings, and/or prosecutions ("Claims”) based on allegations which, if true, would constitute a breach of any of the foregoing warranties and representations or any other obligation of the Bookseller under this Agreement, and any and all liabilities, losses, expenses (including attorneys’ fees and costs) and damages in consequence thereof.
5) AMENDMENTS TO THIS AGREEMENT – TopShelf Publishing may, from time to time, choose to amend or update this agreement. If any amendments or updates are made to this agreement, all affiliates shall be notified by TopShelf Publishing in writing, via email, within one week of the change(s), at which time the affiliate reserves the right to protest any change(s) in writing via email in an attempt to correct problems that the change(s) may create, or the affiliate may choose to terminate their affiliation with TopShelf Publishing. In any case, TopShelf Publishing reserves the right to make any change to this agreement that they see is fit for their business and the future success of the affiliate program.
5) APPLICABLE LAW – Regardless of the place of its physical execution, or wherever the Bookseller may do business, this Agreement shall be interpreted, construed, and governed in all respects by the laws of the State of New Hampshire.
By signing up to become a TopShelf Publishing Bookstore Affiliate you acknowledge that you have read these terms and conditions and that you agree with them in their entirety. (15 U.S.C. ch. 96)